What does it cost to participate?
It’s FREE. There is no cost to your institution to participate in Transcript Ordering.
If your institution participates in Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering and uses Ellucian’s Banner®, Colleague®, or PowerCampus™ system, you can also take advantage of our “touch-free,” no cost electronic transcript processing and delivery solution, Ellucian eTranscripts.
Certain Transcript Ordering options have minimal fees associated with them. Your school can generate revenue by applying an additional surcharge to each transcript order. You receive 100% of the fees collected on your behalf, which are remitted to your school monthly. A summary of all historical transactions and the financial details associated with each order is available in real time on our secure Web site.
How do the three levels of service compare?
Visit our service comparison grid to choose the solution that best fits your needs now and upgrade when you are ready.
How can we generate revenue?
You determine the cost for your students and alumni to send transcripts electronically or via any other method, providing a potential new source of revenue for your office. All fees collected on behalf of your institution are remitted back to you monthly.
Do we have to sign a long-term contract with the Clearinghouse?
No, unlike other transcript providers, the Clearinghouse requires no “locked in” contractual obligation.
We already have an online ordering system, why should use Transcript Ordering?
Transcript Ordering℠ — which is used in all our FAST, FASTER and FASTEST solutions — is continually enhanced, most recently with our new address validation process. The Clearinghouse is committed to meeting the needs of our partner institutions and their students. As your needs evolve, our service will grow to meet them. Additionally, our ordering platform can supplement your system by providing online ordering access to your former students, who cannot access your school’s secure portal.
Is reporting available?
Yes. You can generate colorful, presentation quality reports at any time. Our reports provide real-time information on how your students and alumni are using Transcript Ordering. With our reports, you can instantly examine your institution’s year-by-year transcript usage, identify peak demand periods, and compare monthly volume. Both summary and detailed reports are available.
Are there any programming requirements?
FAST: There are absolutely NO programming requirements. If you offer electronic delivery through Transcript Ordering, you must be able to produce PDFs of your transcripts.
FASTER: Programming is required by your school to consume a transcript request in an electronic format, as well as producing the transcript and sending a response file back to the Clearinghouse.
FASTEST: This fully integrated solution requires software setup and configuration. The software is FREE, you will work with a dedicated implementation person.
Is SIS integration available?
Yes, through our FASTEST solution. If your institution participates in Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering and uses Ellucian’s Banner®, Colleague®, or PowerCampus™ system, you can take advantage of our “touch-free,” no cost electronic transcript processing and delivery solution, Ellucian eTranscripts.
In addition, the Clearinghouse offers a fully integrated solution for PeopleSoft schools, SAP schools and schools using homegrown systems.
Do Clearinghouse Transcript Services comply with FERPA?
Yes. Like all Clearinghouse programs, Transcript Services facilitate compliance with FERPA, The Higher Education Act, and other applicable laws. We also respect all participating institutions’ policies governing the release of student data to third parties.
Does the Clearinghouse retain copies of transcripts?
Does the Clearinghouse support digitally signed transcript PDFs?
Yes. We digitally sign transcript PDFs on behalf of schools as well as accept and deliver digitally signed transcript PDFs from schools.
Can we digitally sign our transcripts?
Yes. The Clearinghouse uses Adobe® LiveCycle® to provide state-of-the-art document security. You can digitally sign your transcripts.
Can we control our documents after delivery?
Yes. You can apply rights management (also known as document controls) to your transcripts that allow you to manage access and usage after your transcripts are delivered (e.g., printing, offline access, document revocation, and more). You can also add a watermark (e.g., your school seal) and your registrar’s signature to every transcript.
Will the transcript be on our official transcript paper?
Institutions will continue to print and send official transcripts on their school-specific security paper. The Clearinghouse is launching a print-to-mail service in the near future.
Can students attach documents to their transcripts?
Yes, students can attach documents to their transcript request. The type and number of attachments are determined by the school during the activation process.
Who do my students contact if they have a problem?
Unlike other providers, the Clearinghouse maintains a fully staffed customer service team available to student users and it is committed to providing superior customer solution support. Many other transcript service providers have no such service and instead require users to submit a ticket online or contact the campus.
What are the benefits of using the FASTEST solution?
FASTEST offers full integration with your SIS and helps you:
- Reduce workload in the registrar’s office
- Deliver high quality services to students and alumni
- Decrease administrative costs by automating processes
- Simplify electronic transcript delivery adoption
What is the cost of the FASTEST integrated solution offering to an institution?
As with all Clearinghouse transcript solutions, there is no additional cost to your school OR students if you choose our FASTEST solution.
What is Ellucian eTranscripts?
Ellucian eTranscripts is a unified interface that automates the transcript ordering process between Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering and any of Ellucian’s three administrative systems (Banner® by Ellucian, Colleague® by Ellucian, and PowerCampus™ by Ellucian) in order to facilitate a “no touch” approach to fulfilling transcript requests.
What is the relationship between the Clearinghouse and Ellucian?
The Clearinghouse and Ellucian have formed a strategic alliance to enable real-time electronic authentication, production, and transfer of transcripts between the Clearinghouse and Ellucian’s administrative systems: Banner® by Ellucian, Colleague® by Ellucian, and PowerCampus™ by Ellucian.
Why did Ellucian select the Clearinghouse as its Strategic Partner?
- We have more Ellucian customers than other transcript ordering provider.
- As a nonprofit, the Clearinghouse actively seeks ways to provide the higher education community with cost-saving services, many of which are available to institutions for free.
- Although devoting significant resources to this project, the Clearinghouse does not answer to investors, instead:
- We are focused on the long-term success of schools and their students.
- We have a long-term commitment to the entire higher education community.
- Our goal is to provide the most robust automated transcript solution, not turn a profit.
How is this different from other transcript ordering providers?
All other transcript ordering providers are only Community Partners of Ellucian. This difference drives many of the advantages of our strategic alliance:
- The Clearinghouse co-developed eTranscripts with Ellucian so it integrates seamlessly with our Transcript Ordering service and “works out of the box.” All configurations are defaulted to Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering, including those in your administrative system, cloud-based input and output traffic, and security settings. Other transcript ordering providers must perform their own configuration settings.
- Our strategic alliance guarantees that eTranscripts will function as upgrades and future enhancements are incorporated because upgrades and enhancements are co-designed and tested.
- The Clearinghouse engages with Ellucian in future proofing, in anticipation of unfolding developments in the academic credential service area.
- The Clearinghouse has significant influence on the Ellucian product road map. For example, the future development of an automated articulation process may incorporate the XML transcript data produced as part of our solution. All changes to the product roadmap for Ellucian include the integrated Clearinghouse solution.
- Ellucian developed the API exclusively for the Clearinghouse. Other transcript ordering providers can access the standard APIs. However, they must modify their ordering platforms to exchange transcript data based on the design developed and tested by the Clearinghouse and Ellucian.
Is eTranscripts available for Banner, Colleague, and PowerCampus?
Yes, Ellucian eTranscripts is available for all Ellucian administrative systems. Your institution must be on the current version of the administrative system prior to implementation.
What are the Ellucian eTranscripts solution requirements?
Ellucian eTranscripts is delivered in a release of your Ellucian administrative system. You must have a supported version of the Ellucian solution (as shown below) and be active with Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering. Additional software is not required. For best results, and to get all of upgraded features, you should download the most current version available.
|Banner||Ellucian eTranscript is delivered in Banner 8.6.2. Banner 8.6.2 is installed on Banner General and Student 8.6. Database Extension Utility (DBEU) must be applied. 8.6.1 is NOT required.|
|Colleague||Release R18 is required. Ellucian eTranscript is delivered as a software update and as WebAPI 1.3.|
|PowerCampus||Ellucian eTranscript is delivered in PowerCampus 8.5.|