Simplifies Transcript Exchanges With Your Trading Partners
Electronic Transcript Exchange supports many different trading scenarios.
- College to college
- College to education agency
(e.g., nursing, teaching, and accrediting agencies)
- High school to college
- High school and college to state office
- Systemwide exchanges
- Statewide exchanges
Electronic Transcript Exchange℠
Electronic Transcript Exchange is a simple, safe, and easy way to exchange an unlimited number of transcripts with your established trading partners via the Clearinghouse secure network.
What Electronic Transcript Exchange Includes
- Free and unlimited electronic transcript exchanges
- State-of-the-art file transfer security
- Ease of use for senders and recipients
- Inclusion in the Clearinghouse network registry
- Support of all file formats
- Multiple secure send/receive options
- Automatic validation of authorized senders and recipients
- Ability to track transcript delivery status and receipt
Why You Should Use Electronic Transcript Exchange
- Send and receive electronic transcripts for FREE
- Enables batch exchanges with your trading partners
- Streamlines transcript delivery by automatically vetting trading partners
- Reduces transcript printing/mailing costs
- Saves staff resources
- Decreases transcript fraud
- Highly secure (safer than sending paper!)
- No programming required
- Complies with FERPA
How Electronic Transcript Exchange Works
The Clearinghouse will create mailboxes for each department or office you want to receive transcripts (e.g., admissions office, records office, graduate school) as well as the mailbox you want to use to send transcripts (this can be the same mailbox you use to send enrollment and degree files to the Clearinghouse). We will automatically add each mailbox established for you to our online registry, enabling other participants to send transcripts to you in your accepted formats. You can exchange transcript data with other participants in any standard format (e.g., PDF, XML, and EDI).
You will receive an email whenever someone sends you a transcript. Just log on, authenticate, and download the file. Since our service employs state-of-the-art security standards and protects against unauthorized access, you can have complete confidence in the authenticity of the transcripts you receive. When you are ready to send a transcript, you simply log in to your Clearinghouse secure FTP account and upload the file (which you have named using the recipient's ID code listed on our registry).
Each time you successfully upload a file, a file delivery receipt will be emailed to you. Authorized senders and recipients are validated before a transcript is exchanged. Transcript files are stored only in the recipient's secure FTP account and are automatically deleted after they expire.